Friday, February 3, 2012

A possible DIY?

{chroma console: anthrpologie}
I've seen these images floating around of the Chroma series by Anthropologie.  I like them.  Classic mid-century modern style with an up-to-date color block.  The cool thing about the color blocking is that it's done with felt!  I think you could make this yourself, though.  It would be easy to update and add some color to any unfinished Ikea piece.  Or, if you're ambitious, it would be very simple to make this out of some good quality plywood and add whatever type of legs you wanted!  

For the felt, you could use the very cool Eco-Fi, which is made from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic bottles, and is surprisingly soft.  I have used this before in my own projects and would recommend it.  Your local craft store might carry it - my Joann's carries a large selection of colors for a very reasonable price.  If you can't find it, etsy always comes to the rescue.

Happy Friday and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment