Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Another Before and After

I'm back with another before and after, this time of our guest bedroom.  No single room in our house is truly finished (are they ever?) but I thought I would keep things updated and real.

These pictures are, again, from our inspection day.  I apologize for the terrible photos - I had no idea I would be putting these on a blog at the time they were taken



Yes, yes we do have hideous cranberry-colored carpet.  And yes, it will be replaced, as soon as humanly possible.  It casts a lovely pink-ish glow over everything upstairs as the sun shines in through the windows.  Just lovely.  Who wouldn't want that?

So here are a bunch of fuzzy, late afternoon pics of the room as it stands now (apologies for the pics, I wanted to get this post out):






As you can see, we are working with strange ceiling angles, eaves storage doors, and bad lighting.
I painted the walls BM Nature's Essentials, and the ceiling is actually a high gloss paint, SW Nebulous.  It's a very pale silver-ish white.  The gloss helps create the illusion of height in the room.
The rocking chair was found on our local Craigslist for only $15 and is actually very comfortable.  The dresser was handed down from my parents.  It was originally my grandparents, is solid maple and is a nice smaller size that fits just right in that space.  I made what I call a "kerchief" curtain out of classic blue ticking stripe fabric, and the pillow on the bed is made of the same fabric, although it's hard to see in the pictures.
Things still needed for the room:
An acrylic tray for the dresser to put all my cute things on, artwork, and a duvet cover.  
One step at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment