Saturday, June 9, 2012

She's alive!

It's true, I'm really alive!
Phew, long break there on blogging.
A little bit about what I've been up too, let's see...well shortly after I started this cute little blog we
found out we're expecting!!!!  YAY!  Unfortunately that meant I was asleep for the next 3 months,
not doing too many projects around the house, not much to blog about. 
Once I started to get my energy back, I started this new job.  Let's please not talk about that.

But!  I have been doing some more projects these last few weeks and actually have something to
talk about :-)
So, without further ado...

I have been (surprise!) working on nursery projects.

First up for today is the mobile I've been making.
I sewed up and stuffed waaayyy too many of these little birdies.



You can find the free bird pattern here.
Let me tell you, it was a royal pain to stuff these babies.  I'm so glad that part is over!
Our nursery colors are red and light blue, so hopefully baby boy will like his little
mobile (and hopefully it looks fantastic).

The next step is to attach the birds to an embroidery hoop, such as this!


Not sure yet if I will use clear fishing line or a nice white string to attach them.  I had debated painting
the hoop some fun, bright color, but I really like the natural wood, so it will just get
oiled and left alone.

And, just in case you didn't believe me, I really have been working on more than one project. 
Here is a sneak peek into something I finished this week:


 I picked up this beaut at a local fabric outlet...it's China Seas "Fez" and it's just perfect for the room!

See you all soon! (I promise).

No comments:

Post a Comment