Thursday, January 12, 2012

It's all just black and white

J and I finally bought bedroom lamps after being in the house
for over a year.  After pouring through catalogs and numerous websites, loving lamps
waaaay out the budget, and deciding how we really wanted the room, we landed on these
simple lamps from CB2:


J surprised me and just ordered them one day!  So upon coming home from work 
to unexpected packages on the porch, we tore them open, set them up in the
bedroom, and voila!  Lamps!

Isn't it lovely to have bed-side lamps?

Just one problem...the shades were shiny.  We're not really shiny fabric people.
I tried to live with it for a few days but every time I walked into the room I was
overtaken with the shine.  And not in a good way.
The only thing to do was change it.  And now we have...



The perfect lamp with black shades!!! 
All it took was a little black linen fabric from JoAnn's and some adhesive spray.
Much better :)

I also made some Pinterest inspired art for above the bed. 

And tomorrow is Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment